Regulations for using Room 114
Library room 114 may be scheduled for University administrative, faculty, and staff functions, and for recognized University student groups. This schedule is subject to change based on the Library hours, which vary with holidays, breaks, and Library closings.
Scheduling priority exists for use by classes requiring the use of the projection equipment. The room is available for regularly scheduled classes, Monday through Friday. Use of the room for regularly scheduled classes is handled through Jeanne Berry (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Dean's office, College of Arts & Science.
Room 114 has fixed, theater seating for a maximum occupancy of 125. Table and chairs may be available for program presenters, but additional audience seating is not available. The person/organization reserving the room is responsible for assuring that room capacity is not exceeded.
- Room access is provided by staff from the 1st floor Circulation Services desk at the time of the event. No keys will be issued for the room.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an event due to Library need.
- Completion of the request form does not ensure room availability or event approval.
- A minimum of 30 minutes is required between events/programs. Please enter and exit the room in a timely manner to accommodate other group’s schedules.
- Events can be scheduled:
- Monday – Friday
- Hours depend upon the schedule of the building, please check the Library hours
- Starting 30 minutes after the last class of the day,
- Ending at 10:00 pm, if building schedule allows
- Saturday – Sunday (no weekend classes)
- Hours depend upon the schedule of the building,
- Starting 30 minutes after the Library opens
- Ending at 10:00 pm, if building schedule allows or 30 min before the building closes
- Violations of the regulations with regard to capacity, showing of films, or food and drink will result in the group being unable to use library meeting rooms.
- Events may NOT be scheduled on days or at times the Library is closed.
Food and Drink
- Scheduled groups are required to clean up spills and trash.
- Groups who hire Food Services must return utensils to their carts and leave carts in an unobstructed location.
(consider food set-up and clean-up time needed when scheduling a meeting with food)
- Groups must hire Food Services to clean up if the group cannot clean up afterwards.
- Effective April 1, 2014 events held in the Library will no longer be allowed to serve any alcoholic beverages.
AV and Movies/Films
- Use of the room for public performances of films, regardless of the nature or source of the film, requires proof of compliance with the United States copyright laws and the University's policies with regards to film exhibitions.
- The facility includes a Star Board, computer (Windows), projector, VHS player, DVD player, and wireless lapel and handheld microphones. Connections exist for the use of your own laptop. AV equipment in the room can only be used if one member of the group has completed training with a library staff member.
For AV training contact: Karl Moretz email@example.com or (828) 262-2795
- Proof of public performance rights must be provided to Karl Moretz at least 48 hours prior to a scheduled event.
Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the reservation.
Please complete the Scheduling Request Form to request booking. The completion of this form does not insure room availability or event approval. PLEASE DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR EVENT UNTIL YOU HAVE A CONFIRMATION IN HAND!