Carol Grotnes Belk Library and Information Commons provides a lecture hall facility for use by recognized University groups. During Fall and Spring semesters, this room is available:
- Mondays through Fridays, 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Saturday 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Sundays 1:30 pm - 10:00 pm
The above schedule of availability is subject to change, depending on the Library's hours. Library hours vary with holidays, breaks, Summer sessions, and Library closings. Please check the hours posted for Belk Library and Information Commons Hours.
- Reservation requests are only accepted from recognized University organizations or departments.
- A minimum of 30 minutes is required between events/programs.
- Food and drink are NOTpermitted in the room.
- Use of tobacco products is NOT permitted in the building.
- Events may only be scheduled to begin one (1) hour after the Library opens and must end one (1) hour before the library closes.
- Events may not be scheduled on days or at times the Library is closed.
- Room 114 has fixed, theater seating for a maximum occupancy of 125. Table and chairs may be available for program presenters, but additional audience seating is not available. The person/organization reserving the room is responsible for assuring that room capacity is not exceeded.
- Use of the room for public performances of films, regardless of the nature or source of the film, requires proof of compliance with the United States copyright laws and the University's policies with regards to film exhibitions.
- Reservations for room use requiring public performance rights will be made as tentative reservations until proof of public performance rights are provided.
- Proof of public performance rights must be provided at least 48 hours prior to a scheduled event. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the reservation.
- Reservation confirmation is required for access to the room. No confirmation will be sent until proof of public performance rights have been provided.
- Scheduling priority exists for use by classes requiring the use of the projection equipment. The room is available for regularly scheduled classes, Monday through Friday and all such classes must end by 3:30 pm. Use of the room for regularly scheduled classes is handled through Jeanne Berry (email@example.com) in the Dean's office, College of Arts & Science.
- Room access is provided by staff from the 1st floor Circulation Services desk at the time of the event. No keys will be issued for the room.
- The facility includes a Star Board, computer (Windows), projector, VHS player, DVD player, and wireless lapel and handheld microphones. Connections exist for the use of your own laptop. The use of any of this equipment requires prior training by authorized library personnel.
Please complete the Scheduling Request Form to request booking. The completion of this form does not insure room availability or event approval. PLEASE DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR EVENT UNTIL YOU HAVE A CONFIRMATION IN HAND!
- The Library will make an effort to meet any additional arrangement requests, but due to staffing constraints and other established policies, this may not be possible.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an event due to Library need.
- Violations of room use policy with regard to capacity, the showing of films, and food and drink will result in the group not be able to use the room for future events.