Carol Grotnes Belk Library and Information Commons provides instruction rooms primarily for library instruction sessions. For more information, please see our Instruction Program and Services and the Library Instruction Request Form
Scheduling for ASU Faculty and Staff
- The Library Instruction Rooms are reserved exclusively for Library instruction during the first 13 weeks of fall semester and the first 8 weeks of spring semester.
- Library instruction requests have first priority for the remainder of each semester, however other ASU faculty and staff may reserve them during times that no library instruction is scheduled.
- Reservations for short-term use of the instruction rooms may be made within two weeks of the time/date requested, but not before.
- Semester-long courses will not be scheduled; departments may not schedule this room as a regular classroom.
- The schedule of availability of the instruction rooms is subject to change. Please check the hours posted for Belk Library and Information Commons Hours. Class sessions may be scheduled only at times the Library is open.
- The instruction rooms include a computer (Windows), projector and screen, Blu-Ray DVD player, Elmo Document camera, and a connection for a personal laptop. Please contact Katherine Alford (828-262-4972, firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule training prior to using this equipment
Policies and Procedures
- The use of any of the instruction room equipment requires prior training by authorized library personnel.
- The faculty member, graduate teaching assistant, or staff member responsible for the class will be in the instruction room during the session.
- Use of the instruction rooms for public performances of films, regardless of the nature or source of the film, requires proof of compliance with the United States copyright laws and the University's policies with regard to film exhibitions.
- Room access is provided by staff from the 1st floor Circulation Services or the Lower Level desk at the time of the event. No keys will be issued.
Please complete the Instruction Room Scheduling Request Form to request booking for purposes other than Library instruction. The completion of this form does not insure room availability.
The Library reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class session due to Library need.