- Approaching Boone from the East (Winston-Salem, Greensboro): Take US-421 North, continue into downtown Boone (US-421 is King Street) and make a left at the traffic light onto College Street. The library will be straight ahead and the parking deck will be on your right.
- Approaching Boone from the South (Hickory, Charlotte): Take US-321 North through Blowing Rock and into Boone. Take a left on US-421 North (King St.). Proceed about 1/4 mile and make a left at the traffic light onto College Street. The library will be straight ahead and the parking deck will be on your right. [If you take I-77North from Charlotte you will exit I-77 onto US-421 North and then approach Boone from the East - see above directions].
- Approaching Boone from the West (Johnson City, TN): Take US-421 South into downtown Boone. Take a right at the traffic light onto College Street. The library will be straight ahead and the parking deck will be on your right.
See other campus maps and directions on this University web page .
College Street Parking Deck
- After 5 PM and on weekends, the parking deck is free
- There are 44 thirty-minute vistor parking spaces
- Chancellor Society Parking Permits (Annual) are not timed in visitor parking
- Vendor Permits and Orange Visitor Vouchers are not timed in visitor parking.
- Regular ($5) Parking Visitor permits are timed for 30 minutes
- Handicapped with a valid ASU permit are not timed
- For information about parking fees and passes, please contact Parking and Traffic Department  at (828) 262-2878.
Other Nearby Parking
Off-campus patrons have a variety of options for long-term weekday parking, such as
- the Rivers Street parking deck  which charges hourly and daily rates,
- purchased day passes for non-gated campus parking lots,
- free hour-long parking along nearby King Street,
- Town of Boone pay lots on Depot Street and Howard Street, and
- 1-hour metered spots on Hamby Alley in front of the College of Education building.
* The Parking and Traffic Department sets all regulations regarding parking on campus. The above bulleted list summarizes our understanding of frequently asked issues about the library parking deck.