Belk Library offers ASU faculty the convenience of having library materials delivered to their departmental mail room area. Faculty may request items from the ASU, UNCA, and WCU libraries using the online catalog. You may also have interlibrary loan materials sent to your department. Please note that this service is not available during university holidays, breaks, or intersessions.
- Terms of delivery
- How to request items owned by ASU, UNCA, and WCU libraries
- How to request items through interlibrary loan
- Materials not eligible for departmental delivery
- How to return items
Terms of delivery
Checking out items: By using this service, you agree to have the item(s) checked out to your account before it leaves the library building and without the presenting your ASU faculty ID.
Method of delivery: Items are delivered to departments throught Campus Mail in reusable green bags. Please return the green bags promptly.
Delivery schedule: Items are shipped from the library Monday through Friday. Check your department for delivery times.
Returned items: You are responsible for all items until they are checked in. Items will be checked in and cleared from your record once they are received by the library. DO NOT use Campus Mail to return library materials or shipping bags.
How to request items owned by ASU, UNCA, and WCU libraries
To request items owned by ASU Library or the Western North Carolina Library Network (WNCLN), follow these steps:
- Search for an item in the online catalog  and display the record on your computer screen.
- Click on the "Request" button at the top of the screen.
- Log in to your library account (WNCLN).
- Choose "ASU Faculty Dept." as the Pickup Location from the drop-down menu and click "Submit."
- Click the "REQUEST SELECTED ITEM" button.
How to request items through interlibrary loan
You will need to login to your ILLiad account  and submit your request online. Update your user information by setting Preferred Loan Delivery Method to "Deliver to Faculty Dept." See the Interlibrary Loan  page for delivery estimates and loan periods.
Materials not eligible for departmental delivery
The following items are not eligible for delivery to your department:
- Reference materials
- Items that are marked "Library Use Only"
- Items from the Music Library
How to return items
You have two options for returning items (library materials and shipping bags).
- Bring library materials and shipping bags directly to the library.
- Place library materials and shipping bags in one of the 7 remote drop boxes  on campus.
Note: DO NOT use Campus Mail to return items or shipping bags. Campu Mail is not responsible for library materials or shipping bags and will refuse delivery of these items.
If you have questions or problems, please contact Thomas Main.
Email: email@example.com