Students, faculty, and staff of Appalachian State University are eligible to use the "Request Item" function through the library catalog to request ASU items to be pulled and placed "On Hold" at the library service desk. The same ASU ID used to place the hold will be required to check out the material and must be presented upon check out.
Items NOT eligible for the Pull and Hold service:
- Items from reference collections
- Items that are "Library Use only"
- Items from the ASU Browsing collections
- Items from the ASU Music Library
- Items from the Reserve collection
- Items from the Periodicals collection
- Items from the Microforms collection
To Make a Request:
- Find the item in the online catalog and display the record on the screen.
- Verify that the status indicates "NOT CHK'D OUT"
- Click on the "Request Item" button
- Enter last name, Banner ID number and choose "ASU Circulation Desk" as the pickup location in the drop down menu.
- Follow screen instructions to submit request
* Please wait until you receive your email notification in your ASU email account before coming to the library for the material.
TIPS for Success:
* As it takes time to print and pull requests, we do not guarantee a specific turnaround time between request and pickup availability. However, our goal is a 24 hour turnaround time, Mondays - Fridays (excluding holidays and breaks).
* There are limits to the number of active holds allowed and vary according to patron type. Please order judiciously.
For problems, questions or concerns, contact Thomas Main Main@appstate.edu  at (828) 262-2718