Carol Grotnes Belk Library and Information Commons provides a meeting room that may be scheduled for University Administrative, faculty, and staff functions and for recognized University Student Groups.
Library functions have priority.
- All events after 5pm must notify the circulation desk on arrival and departure
- The room will accommodate groups of 12 to 70 based on our posted seating arrangements.
- The Library will make an effort to meet all room seating requirements but due to staffing constraints this may be impossible.
- AV equipment is available if at least one member of your group has completed training with a library staff member.
- Completion of the request form does not ensure room availability or event approval.
- A minimum of 30 minutes is required between events/programs.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an event due to Library need.
- Events may not be scheduled on days or at times the Library is closed.
- Scheduling of events should start 30 minutes after the 4th floor Special Collections opens and end 30 minutes before the 4th floor closes. (consider food set-up and clean-up when scheduling a meeting with food)
- We strongly suggest you hire food services to clean up if someone from your group cannot do so.
- Food supplies by individuals is subject to prior approval.
- Possession or use of alcoholic beverages  on University property is prohibited, unless specifically approved in writing by the Chancellor or the Chancellor's designee.
- Food supplies by a caterer is subject to facilities manager approval.
If your request includes food at the function, a responsible party to provide clean-up must be given.
Scheduling groups are required to:
- Clean up spills
- Clean up trash
- Return food service utensils to their carts, leave the carts in an unobstructed location
Public Performances of Films
Use of the room for public performances of films, regardless of the nature or source of the film, requires proof of compliance with the United States copyright laws and the University's policies with regards to film exhibitions .
- Reservations for room use requiring public performance rights will be made as tentative reservations until proof is provided.
- Proof of public performance rights must be provided at least 48 hours prior to a scheduled event. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the reservation.
- Reservation confirmation is required for access to the room.
- No confirmation will be sent until proof of public performance rights have been provided.
Fill out the Scheduling Request Form  to request booking, at least one business day in advance.