Appalachian State University alumni, regardless of place of residence, may acquire a library card at the Library Services Desk on the main floor of Belk Library. You must present a valid driver's license (or valid, state-issued picture ID) and verify your status in the ASU Alumni Directory . The cost of the card is $10.
See our complete policy for getting an alumni card .
Access to online databases
There are several databases freely available over the Internet that can help you locate articles in magazines, newspapers, and journals. You can also find books, music, photographs, and videos with these online databases.
- American Memory  - images from the Library of Congress
- America's Historical Documents  - documents that record important events in American history
- ERIC  - search for education-related materials
- Google Scholar  - search for scholarly materials
- NC LIVE  - access to thousands of magazines, newspapers, and journals (password required - available from your local North Carolina public library)
- PubMed  - medical and health topics
- WorldCat  - search for items in libraries near you
Note: You must be physically on campus to access our full list of subscription databases .
What can I do for the library?
If you wouild like to contribute to Belk Library and Information Commons, here are some ideas to get you started.
- Appalachian Memory Project 
- Give to the Libraries 
- Join the Richard T. Barker Friends of the Library