Belk Library is hosting training sessions for Web of Science and EndNote Web.
Date: Tuesday, February 14
Time: Web of Science 12:00pm - 1:00pm | EndNote 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Location: Belk Library, room 024
Thomson Reuters, producer of both products, is sending one of their trainer/teachers for one workshop for each product. Seating in each session is limited to the first 40 who email requesting a seat. Each class is 1 hour.
To register for either session, please email John Abbott (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and put "workshop" in the subject line and indicate which session(s) you wish to attend.
Web of Science
Are you interested in discovering who is citing your work or the work of others? Learn how to use Web of Science to utilize your research time more efficiently.
The Web of Science seminar covers:
- The publication selection process
- Using the search interfaces for topic, author, source title, and address searching
- Using citation connections to navigate through literature both forward and backward in time
- Integration with the ResearcherID author identification product
- E-mailing, saving, printing, or exporting your results to EndNote Web
- Saving a search history and creating search and citation alert
- Social sciences and Humanities are also part of the content of WoS.
Are you interested in learning better ways to effectively manage your references with a simple accessible tool? Learn how to use EndNote Web to manage your references more effectively and save time in your writing process.
With Web of Knowledge, you have access to EndNote Web, a reference organizer and collaboration tool that enables users to collect references and collaborate easily with other. Plus, insert citations and create bibliographies in Microsoft Word, instantly!
The seminar will cover:
- Navigating the user interface
- Integration with the Web of Knowledge
- Collecting and sharing your references
- Using Cite-While-You-Write to insert citations and create bibliographies in Microsoft Word