Date: Thursday, November 17, 2011
Time: 2:00 pm
Location: Belk Library, room 421
The Doorways International Program Series presents "Work, Life & Fun in Modern China" a panel presentation with visiting Chinese Scholars. Come and hear about life, work and fun in modern China. This is an interactive panel so be curious and bring questions! There might even be tasty tidbits of Chinese food to sample.
- Guo Peixiao: Insigma Hengtian Software: Global Infrastructure Service (GIS) Project Manager on IT Outsourcing in China and Life in Hangzhou (a "village" of 8.7 million people).
- Xu Xuan : Exchange Librarian from Fudan University on Librarianship and Campus Life at Fudan University in Shanghai, China
- Zhu Shenshen : Shanghai Daily Newspaper: Business Journalist on Trends in the Internet Landscape in China and life in Shanghai
- Lin Yang : China Internet Information Center : IT Infrastructure and security on information security and life in Beijing
- Tan Hong: Software Engineer with Insima Hengtian Software on a "Typical Day" of an IT Software engineer in Hangzhou and weekend entertainment
- Gu Jun works for Sinolingua Co. Ltd in Beijing, and will talk about publishing business in China.
- Li Lei: A graduate student at Shaanxi Normal University will share her experience as a graduate student in a Chinese university.
The Doorways series is co-sponsored by Belk Library and Information Commons and the Office of International Education and Development. Its goal is to provide a platform for people to share their research and knowledge on international issues and build relationships on campus based on interest in international affairs. For more information on this program or the Doorways series, call (828) 262-4967.